Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lots of First's






First flight, first parade,first swim, first wedding, Hannah has been experiencing many "first's" lately. I guess that's to be expected when you are new to this world. Hannah had her first flight when we flew to Lubbock. Since then, she has flown again, taken a swim with Daddy, and attended cousin Jamie's wedding. I wish we had pics of the wedding, but they are on Bill's camera. Jim and I had our hands full with Hannah. You carry a lot of stuff with a baby. It makes travel very challenging. I have new respect for my friends, Kim and Jurgen. They have been traveling all over the world with their two boys since they were born. Their oldest, Ronan, had visited more countries by the time he was two, than I have in 37 years.

I thought Hannah did very well on our flight to KY. She ate and slept well on the plane. She was a model baby. She was not so angelic on the way home. Poor Hannah was having issues with the new bottles I bought her. The slow nipples were too slow, and the fast nipples were too fast. She became a tad frustrated. I think they upset her tummy. Oh well, it was worth the shot. I think she just needs to get a little older before she can handle the Platex drop ins. Luckily, there were at least three more babies on the flight having issues.

When Jim and I arrived in Lexington, the 4th of July parade began. We put Hannah in her Baby Bjorn and walked around a bit. It was a pretty neat affair. They had all kinds of booths with food and art. we watched the parade for a while and then ran into Jim's parents. It's a small world... Later that night, Jim decided Hannah needed to go swimming. We put her little swimmers on and headed for the pool. I thought she handled it veery well. She seemed to really enjoy herself.

Hopefully, I can get some pics of the wedding. Jamie was stunning in a strapless gown, which looked to be off white with a champagne lace overlay. I know there is a different and professional term for the color of the dress, but I can't remember. Please forgive me, Jamie, if I have described your dress incorrectly. John, of course, was in a black tux with a white bowtie. Lindsay and Dana also looked gorgeous in their black dresses with a white sash. Everything was perfect. The reception was wonderful. We enjoyed our food, and the cake. Yum! I hope Jamie and John are enjoying a well deserved honeymoon.
I almost forgot, we also went to see Abraham Lincoln's homestead. That was pretty cool, as well. Hannah pretty much slept through that little tour. She totally missed it, but Jim and I got to enjoy it.
Oh, Hannah found her sleep number. Jim and I weren't as successful!

No comments: