Friday, April 11, 2008

Week Two: Not so Easy

Jim and I have survived week two. I barely made it. Thank goodness Jim is so helpful when he gets home from work. We went through a phase where Hannah would wail from 8:00PM until about midnight. The doctor thought it might be colic. It sounds like colic. We tried a formula switch and our baby is no longer the devil at night. She is the perfect little angel from the first week. I hate the new formula because it stinks and stains everything, but if it helps Hannah rest easy, I am totally on board.

Hannah had a great visit with the doctor for her two week check up. She is healthy and growing nicely. Yes, she is above her birth weight. It paid to quit breastfeeding. She is no longer starving. We just had to find the best food for her. She is in the 25th to 50th percentile for both weight and height. She had her PKU test, which was not fun. Poor girl had her foot poked and did not likt the blood letting of it all. Thanks goodness she loves the stroller. It calmed her down as we left the office. It was a rough day for Hannah. She slept a lot after that experience.

I promise we will get new pics soon. I just haven't had time with the adjusting thing. There are some new pics on the camera that need to be downloaded. We will most likely do that this weekend. We'll definitely take pics this weekend.

2 comments:

Linsi said...

Awe.. I remember the Poke!! Meghan was kicking like CRAZY and the midwife could barely hold her foot! Poor thing.. the second was worse for her though bc she didn't bleed as much and they had to poke her 3xs!! Anyway.. glad things are going better with the formula and such!! Much love!

momjj said...

juli,

Welcome to motherhood. You will
be just fine. We have all gone through this at one time or another. Now into week 3.

Love ya,


Aunt Jan