Monday, April 7, 2008

The First week




Jim and I have made it through the first week with Hannah. I'm not going to lie, it was rough. The lack of sleep thing is VERY true. Those first two days were a doozey. I know all you mom's out there are laughing because you've been there. Jim would tell me to nap, but I am not a big napper. It's hard to sleep when the baby is asleep. Then you have the visitors. I can't refuse visitors. I like to talk too much. We survived, so I guess I can't complain.

I think Hannah has really settled in. She is sleeping better and getting her days and nights correct. That is an accomplishment. Thank goodness for friends with advice. It has helped us trememdously. She enjoys storytime at night. Jim and I read to her to lull her to sleep. It is never too early to get into a routine of reading. I can't wait to take her to storytime at the library. I need to learn nursery rhymes and songs. I don't know any at this time.

I would like to thank my friends who have brought me food and have cleaned my house while I am recovering from the C-section. Poor Jim has had to do most of the housekeeping. My friend Kim has brought us numerous meals, so Jim won't have to cook. Tracy is currently cleaning the house for me, so Jim won't have too when he gets home from work. It has also afforded me the time to write this blog. My mother has also supplied food and babysitting breaks at all hours of the night. That was a life saver in itself. Then, I have Erecka coming tomorrow and Lisa on Thursday. My friend kelley brought me a ton of clothes to wear so I won't have to wear maternity. What wonderful friends to take care of me. Jim and I are so blessed to have you in our lives. we really appreciate everything.

I hope you enjoy the pics of Hannah. I know I do. I'll have more soon. She has goopy eyes, so I haven't taken any in a few days. Let's face it, Jim has taken most of the pics. He's a proud Papa.

1 comment:

Linsi said...

Meghan had goopy eyes.. I think mainly one too, and we ended up having to put some antibiotic in it. It is sad when they have that and you can tell they want to open their eyes, but sometimes the goo dried it shut!Poor things!
Anyway.. please let me know if you need anything from us! Love ya!